Strong Representation of Erlangen’s Political Scientists at the IPSA World Congress 2021
The International Political Science Association’s digitalized World Congress takes place from July 10 to 15. Five political scientists from the research sections of Middle East Politics and Comparative Politics will represent FAU’s Political Science Department. Miriam Bohn, Thomas Demmelhuber, Katharina Nicolai, Christian Thuselt and Erik Vollmann will share and discuss their research at the international conference.
Please find an overview of the presentations below:
- Miriam Bohn: New Players, New Rules? Analyzing the Impact of Decentralization on Central and Subnational Elite Networks in Jordan
- Thomas Demmelhuber: “Go East – Life is peaceful there”: Tech Authoritarianism in Sino-Gulf relations
- Katharina Nicolai: The Changing Dynamics of Regional Power Structures in North Africa: Soft Power Evidence from Morocco
- Christian Thuselt: Nationalism in the Middle East: Between a Nationalist Utopia and Methodological Post-Nationalism?
- Erik Vollmann: A Means to Cure All Ills? Local Governance Reforms as Regime Stabilization Strategy in Morocco and Tunisia