First-year Student Information
New at the Institute? Here are some good tips!
- General information about studying and the university can be found on the following link: meinstudium.fau.de/en/home.
- For a good start, we recommend you to attend an orientation event for first-year students. These events always take place at the beginning of the semester. Date, time and location can be found in UnivIS, Startseite and on Facebook.
- In the compulsory lecture “Introduction to Political Science” you will be provided with the basics of political science and recieve additional help from student tutors.
- The student body Fachschaftsinitiative (FSI) can provide you with advice and is at your side.
- A qualified study advice is given by Prof. Dr. Heinrich Pehle.
- The faculty also offers basic principles and orientation studies (GOS): Grundlagen- und Orientierungsstudium (GOS) an der Philosophischen Fakultät und Fachbereich Theologie der FAU .
- Examination regulations and schedules can be found online under: Studiengänge.
- Literature for your studies can be found in our institute’s library: Institutsbibliothek and the university library: Universitätsbibliothek (UB).
- The two most important online portals for your studies at the FAU are: mein campus (examination management, seminar registration, etc.) and StudOn (E-Learning-Platform accompanying lectures and seminars).
- Where does the next lecture actually take place? One should know a few abbreviations: “KH” stands for “Kollegienhaus”, “TSG” means “Theological Seminar Building”. More about the locations can be found on the FAU page under: Die FAU im Überblick.
- For a snack, there is a cafeteria located in front of the building next to the exit towards Kochstr. Cafeteria, .