About the library
The Library of the Institute for Political Science is an integral part of the central FAU University Library system. The location code, which forms the first part of the collection’s classification system, is 05PO.
The library and collection comprises of
- 35,000 items
- 16 workspaces, 14 of which with plug sockets
- 2 Sunray terminals
- FAU network WiFi: FAU-STUD, FAU-STAFF
- Photocopying facilities can be found in Kochstr. 4 and Bismarckstr. 1. Commercial photocopying services are located within walking distance of the Institute.
- The loan period for most books in the 05PO collection is two weeks. It is possible to renew these items twice in total for another two weeks per renewal. Books with the classification 05PO 80 (textbooks) and 05PO 03 (Mentorat Prof. Kauffmann) may be borrowed for 4 weeks. Two renewals per item are possible each for a period of 4 weeks.
- Journals, yearbooks and reference works are not borrowable.
- Monographies are available on open shelves in the Reading Rooms. The latest issues of journals are available in the Information/Loans Desk area of the library. Older bound volumes of journals are stored in closed rooms and must be ordered
- Overdue items will incur fines. See: Fees and fines
- FAUcard: loan services (reserving, borrowing and renewing) function through your FAUcard The FAUcard is also the library user account card for students and staff.
Library 05PO: Political Science